- un día
Confidence tips we swear by
By: Juanita Botero, 11°
Why is it important to love yourself?
Loving yourself is one of the most important things everyone should do, it's not easy for everybody but definitely, it is worth it to work on it. When you are in love with yourself you start to feel more confident in yourself, also it provides self-worth and you will feel very positive. Learning to love yourself will lead you to be happier, and the most important way to take care of yourself is to stop comparing yourself with others and it doesn't matter what others think about you, the only thing that matters is that you feel comfortable with yourself. Love in every single aspect is the key to happiness. Obviously, everything is not perfect, sometimes you will have problems and feel sad, angry, and disappointed but the important thing is that loving yourself will help you to face what comes your way and also to reach your goals.
“To love others you must first love yourself.” - Leo Buscaglia
How to love yourself?
1. If you feel like you're losing yourself, remember that trees lose their leaves every year and they still stand up.
2. Don't overthink, just let it go, trust your instincts.
3. It's okay to say NO, you're allowed to put yourself first to let others know you deserve and expect respect.
4. Serenity comes when you trade expectations for acceptance.
5. Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.
6. Work on forgiving yourself, don't judge your past self with the knowledge you have now.
7. Ask for help when you need it, it isn't weak, everyone needs help sometimes.
8. Walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes, surround yourself with things with positive things.
9. Accept that some people don't like you, don’t waste your time trying to please people, embrace your authentic self.
10. Feel your feelings, let yourself express them healthily and respectfully.